One of the joys of my job is when unexpected packages are delivered to my office. I am never sure what the items or papers the sender considers worthy of being "Archived."
Today, I had a very pleasant surprise. Joan O'Connor with Coca-Cola Great Britain, sent me two wonderful Diet Coke bottles that were customized with Swarovski crystals by jewelry designer Johnny Rocket. 2,000 bottles were individually customized and were sold at Selfridges. I am happy to have these for the collection. Thanks Joan!
More on Journey
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests