I read on Duke University's The Chronicle's Sports Blog that head football Coach David Cutcliffe is having regular "Coca-Cola with Coach Cut" sessions.
The meetings let students hear about football plays, have a Q&A, and have free wings, nachos and Coke with the coach. I love the idea of learning about plays from the expert. I went to Boston College, and we never got to ask the coach questions -- let alone have free food -- when I was there!
I looked in the Archives for a Duke piece and found this 1991 National Champions commemorative bottle. OK, so it was for Duke's basketball team, but it's still a nice tie-in with Coke and Duke! (And I saw it selling on the Internet for $15.)
Does your campus or company have any special events featuring Coke? If so, I'd love to hear from you!
More on Journey
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen
- Why the Coca-Cola Archives is Digitizing More than 6,000 Analog Tapes
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem