“I feel proud about my Mum because she fights for her dreams,” says Caroline, age 18
These words would make any mother proud. Women – mothers, aunts, grandmothers, sisters, friends and caregivers – are undoubtedly influential, inspiring the next generation’s dreams.
This includes the 5 million women entrepreneurs The Coca Cola Company is working to empower by 2020 through its global 5by20 initiative.
They are making bold changes to improve their lives, seeking skills training, financial assistance and mentors. Along their journey toward empowerment, they are teaching their peers and the next generation that ambition, confidence and hard work are critical for success.
Through their livelihoods as farmers, suppliers, retailers, distributors, artisans or recyclers, 5by20 participants are creating a better future for their families and communities. In honor of these extraordinary women, this short film, titled “Future Generations,” shines a light on their inspirational stories and the impact they are making on future generations. Meet the future generations of 5by20 entrepreneurs. Listen to Daniella, Monica and Caroline as they share their dreams.
More on Journey
- WEF Africa 2017: Creating Mixed Livelihoods for Africa’s Electric Youth
- Getting to the Corps: Young (and Sometimes Unlikely) Conservationists Reflect on Their Time in L.A.’s Backyard Forest
- Release of Chinese Deer into Natural Environment Marks New Step for Nearly Extinct Species
- Thank You, Mum: 'Tough Times Don’t Last for Tough People'
- Creating the New Fanta Bottle: Taking ‘Impossible’ Designs From Drawing Board to Supermarket Shelves