For the London 2012 Summer Olympics,
To make this possible, bottling partner Coca‑Cola Enterprises opened the Continuum Recycling plant in Lincolnshire, which is located in east England, in May 2012. The £15 million joint venture with ECO Plastics is the largest PET plastic recycling facility in Western Europe, and is estimated to more than double the United Kingdom's production of recycled PET plastic suitable for food and drinks packaging.
In addition to the goal to recycle every soft
drink bottle collected at London 2012, all
Coca-Cola’s efforts at London 2012 will help advance the Company’s 2020 packaging goal to reach a 75% recovery rate of bottles and cans in developed markets.
More on Journey
- Improving Our Water Efficiency
- Stepping Up With STEP: Coke's Supplier Training & Empowerment Program Helps Women-Owned Suppliers Compete and Grow
- Thank You, Mum: 'Tough Times Don’t Last for Tough People'
- Project Last Mile Expands to Strengthen Health Systems in Liberia and Swaziland
- WEF Africa 2017: Creating Mixed Livelihoods for Africa’s Electric Youth