Behind every piece of memorabilia in the
Although we generally know the projects behind each artifact, rarely do we have the opportunity to meet the individuals who made them. But thanks to a photo that I unearthed tucked away inside the archives, I was able to locate and meet the man who built the world’s largest-ever (human-sized!)
We’ve all seen the famous yellow crates, and whether the logo was in English, Arabic, Spanish or Vietnamese, we knew exactly what they were used for — carrying Coke bottles known to consumers the world over.
At his home about 25 miles from
Through our conversations, I also learned that Chandler was responsible for installing every rivet in thousands of wooden
As for the
And thanks to a
In this video, you’ll see that Grubbs also has a very special connection to Chandler.
More On Journey
- Atlanta’s Newest Landmark Will Teach Generations of Southerners What Doing the Right Thing Really Means
- PlantBottle Technology in the Spotlight on Capitol Hill
- Sustainable Celebration: Brazil’s Festival Folclórico de Parintins is More than Just Fun and Games
- What Does Happiness Sound Like? Hear Brett Dennen's Spotify Playlist
- 8 Sun Safety Tips That’ll Keep You Looking Stylish