I wanted to share a photograph of a series of new paintings we commissioned artist Steve Penley to paint to celebrate our 125th anniversary. You may recall Steve's work was on display at the Pop Culture Gallery of the World of Coca-Cola during our second year of operation and was a huge success. These seven painting show highlights from our history and stretches 42 feet long by 10 feet tall.
When we installed the display at our headquarters yesterday, it created quite a traffic jam with admiring spectators stopping to view the art. The mural will be installed at the World of Coca-Cola in June for everyone to enjoy. Steve stopped by to see it today and took a minute to pose in this photo with me.
More on Journey
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement