This easy recipe pairs the other white meat with apple, citrus, ginger, Coca-Cola and more to produce a succulent entree suitable for any night of the week.
- 4 rib, loin or shoulder pork chops or smoked pork chops, 1/2- to 3/4-inch thick
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- .125 Teaspoon pepper
- .12 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 medium apple
- 1 medium lemon or orange
- 2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- .5 Cup Coca-Cola
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- Total Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Trim fat from chops, then brown them on each side in ungreased skillet. Lay chops in shallow baking pan. Do not overlap. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and ginger. Core unpeeled apple, cut crosswise into 4 thick slices. Cut lemon (or orange) into 4 slices; remove seeds. Lay lemon slices atop apple slices and place on each chop. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Pour Coca-Cola around chops. Cover tightly. Bake in moderate oven, 350°F for 45 minutes. For the sauce: Blend corn starch with 2 tablespoons water until smooth. Stir into meat juices. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer or until meat is fork-tender. Spoon sauce over fruit chops to glaze.
Makes 4 (1 chop) servings.
More on Journey
- Easy Bistro: From Coke Bottling Plant to Hip Chattanooga Eatery
- Big Game Refreshment: Watermelon Strawberry POWERADE Punch
- JourneyxJourney: The Coca-Cola Company Embarks on Cross-Country Storytelling Road Trip
- What Do Coca-Cola, Cracker Barrel, Cake and Camouflage Have in Common? Supporting Service Members, Naturally.
- #JXJAtlanta: How to Be a Tourist in Your Own City