This easy recipe pairs the other white meat with apple, citrus, ginger,
- 4 rib, loin or shoulder pork chops or smoked pork chops, 1/2- to 3/4-inch thick
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- .125 Teaspoon pepper
- .12 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 medium apple
- 1 medium lemon or orange
- 2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- Total Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Trim fat from chops, then brown them on each side in ungreased skillet.
Lay chops in shallow baking pan. Do not overlap.
Sprinkle with salt, pepper and ginger.
Core unpeeled apple, cut crosswise into 4 thick slices.
Cut lemon (or orange) into 4 slices; remove seeds.
Lay lemon slices atop apple slices and place on each chop. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
Coca-Colaaround chops. Cover tightly. Bake in moderate oven, 350°F for 45 minutes. For the sauce: Blend corn starch with 2 tablespoons water until smooth. Stir into meat juices. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer or until meat is fork-tender. Spoon sauce over fruit chops to glaze.
Makes 4 (1 chop) servings.
More on Journey
Pay Like a Boss With
Coca-Cola’s BillBoss: An Internal Innovation Story
- 16 Features From 2016 That Are Worth a Second Look
A Monstrous Mashup: 13 Halloween Stories From the
- The Pour That Refreshes: Why H&F Burger Chef Linton Hopkins Takes His Fountain Coke Very Seriously
- Coca-Cola Surprises Uber VIPs in Atlanta and New Orleans with Celebrity Chefs’ Ultimate Food Pairings