A delicately flavored, crisp relish or salad to serve with sandwiches, hamburgers, meat loaf or barbeque chicken.
- 1 medium size head of cauliflower
- 1 green pepper
- .5 Cup very thinly sliced celery
- 6 Tablespoon wine vinegar or white vinegar
- .25 Cup sugar
- 1.5 Teaspoon salt
- Total Time: 20 min
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
Break off each floweret in cauliflower, wash and drain.
Wash and remove seeds from green pepper; cut into thin 2-inch strips.
In large bowl, combine cauliflower and green pepper.
Cover with boiling water; let stand 2 minutes; drain thoroughly.
In small pan, heat
Coca-Colawith remaining ingredients. Pour over vegetables. Toss lightly with a fork, and pack into a 1-quart glass jar. Push down lightly so liquid covers vegetables. Cover and chill overnight. This keeps in the refrigerator for several days. Makes about 1 quart.
More on Journey
- Georgia’s Porch Light Latin Kitchen Rallies for Puerto Rican Hurricane Relief
A Slice of
Coca-ColaHistory: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Carhop To It: 5 Classic American Drive-In Restaurants
- #JxJNashville: Meet the Characters of Music City
- An 'Infatuation' With Food and Music: Andrew Steinthal's Journey From Record Exec to Startup Success