This recipe was submitted by Bob Jarecki of Davis, California.
- 1 Pound lentils
- 7 Cup water
- 2 Cup diced ham
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 12 Ounce Diet Cherry Coke
- Total Time: 1 hr 10 min
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 5 min
- Wash and sort lentils. Cover with water. Bring to a boil and reduce. Heat to a simmer. Add ham and onion. Simmer for 40-50 minutes. Add Diet Cherry Coke. (This will produce a lot of foam.) Simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes or until lentils are done.
More on Journey
- Movies, Friends and a Little Attitude: 8 Ways to Throw a Blockbuster Party on Hollywood’s Big Night
- What Do Coca-Cola, Cracker Barrel, Cake and Camouflage Have in Common? Supporting Service Members, Naturally.
- This Michigan Diner Has 12,000 Pieces of Coca-Cola Memorabilia
- #ICYMI: 5 Top Stories from Coca-Cola Journey
- Pay Like a Boss With Coca-Cola’s BillBoss: An Internal Innovation Story