This recipe was submitted by Bob Jarecki of Davis, California.
- 1 Pound lentils
- 7 Cup water
- 2 Cup diced ham
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 12 Ounce Diet Cherry Coke
- Total Time: 1 hr 10 min
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 5 min
- Wash and sort lentils. Cover with water. Bring to a boil and reduce. Heat to a simmer. Add ham and onion. Simmer for 40-50 minutes. Add Diet Cherry Coke. (This will produce a lot of foam.) Simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes or until lentils are done.
More on Journey
- 5 Can't-Miss State Fairs: Plus a Look at Coke's Refreshing History on the Midway
- Going Big in Dallas: 15 Insider Tips on Traveling to Texas
Shake, Sparkle & Stir: A Mixologist Showdown Featuring
#ICYMI: 5 Top Stories from
- 16 Features From 2016 That Are Worth a Second Look