This recipe was submitted by Bob Jarecki of Davis, California.
- 1 Pound lentils
- 7 Cup water
- 2 Cup diced ham
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 12 Ounce Diet Cherry Coke
- Total Time: 1 hr 10 min
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 5 min
- Wash and sort lentils. Cover with water. Bring to a boil and reduce. Heat to a simmer. Add ham and onion. Simmer for 40-50 minutes. Add Diet Cherry Coke. (This will produce a lot of foam.) Simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes or until lentils are done.
More on Journey
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Chefs Aarón Sánchez, Roblé Ali Dish On Why Coca-Cola Complements Any Meal
- Pay Like a Boss With Coca-Cola’s BillBoss: An Internal Innovation Story
- Find Your Match: Coca-Cola Freestyle Food Pairings Make Your Meals Pop
- #JxJNashville: Meet the Characters of Music City