- 3 Pound chuck roast, any cut
- 2 Tablespoon oil
- 1 Can (16 oz.) tomatoes
- 1 pkg. (1 1/2 oz.) spaghetti sauce mix
- 1 Cup finely cut onion
- .75 Cup finely cut celery
- 1.5 Teaspoon salt
- .5 Teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 Cup Coca-Cola
- Total Time: 2 hr 50 min
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 2 hr 30 min
- In a Dutch oven, brown meat in the oil, about 10 minutes on each side. Drain off fat. Break up tomatoes in their juice; add remaining ingredients, stirring until spaghetti sauce mix is dissolved. Pour over meat. Cover, simmer slowly about 2 1/2 hours or until meat is fork-tender. Thicken gravy and serve over sliced meat. Makes 6 to 8 servings (about 3 cups sauce).
*Coca-Cola and spaghetti sauce mix give a unique flavor to the saucy meat gravy.
More on Journey
- What Do Coca-Cola, Cracker Barrel, Cake and Camouflage Have in Common? Supporting Service Members, Naturally.
- Insider’s Guide to Indy: Local Coke Employees Share Tips With Final Four Fans
- Movies, Friends and a Little Attitude: 8 Ways to Throw a Blockbuster Party on Hollywood’s Big Night
- JourneyxJourney: The Coca-Cola Company Embarks on Cross-Country Storytelling Road Trip
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria