- .25 Cup butter or margaine
- 4 Cup thinly sliced onions
- 2 Can (10.5 oz. each) beef broth (bouillon)
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- .5 Teaspoon vinegar
- .12 Teaspoon pepper
- 6 Thick french bread slices
- 6 Teaspoon Grated parmesan cheese
- Total Time: 45 min
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
Melt butter in heavy saucepan; add onions and cook until golden; do not brown.
Add undiluted beef broth, 1 soup can of water,
Coca-Cola, salt, vinegar, and pepper. Cover; simmer 20-25 minutes. In a broiler, toast one side of the French bread slices. Turn, generously sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and toast until browned. Ladle soup into deep bowls and top with toast, cheese side up. Makes about 6 cups or 4 servings.
*To reduce foam for accurate measurement, use