- .25 Cup butter or margaine
- 4 Cup thinly sliced onions
- 2 Can (10.5 oz. each) beef broth (bouillon)
- .75 Cup Coca-Cola
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- .5 Teaspoon vinegar
- .12 Teaspoon pepper
- 6 Thick french bread slices
- 6 Teaspoon Grated parmesan cheese
- Total Time: 45 min
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan; add onions and cook until golden; do not brown. Add undiluted beef broth, 1 soup can of water, Coca-Cola, salt, vinegar, and pepper. Cover; simmer 20-25 minutes. In a broiler, toast one side of the French bread slices. Turn, generously sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and toast until browned. Ladle soup into deep bowls and top with toast, cheese side up. Makes about 6 cups or 4 servings.
*To reduce foam for accurate measurement, use Coca-Cola at room temperature and stir rapidly.
More on Journey
- What Do Coca-Cola, Cracker Barrel, Cake and Camouflage Have in Common? Supporting Service Members, Naturally.
- This Michigan Diner Has 12,000 Pieces of Coca-Cola Memorabilia
- #ICYMI: 5 Top Stories from Coca-Cola Journey
- #JXJAtlanta: How to Be a Tourist in Your Own City
- #JxJNashville: Meet the Characters of Music City