Made ahead and refrigerated, this tangy dish does double duty as a hot vegetable or cold salad and relish.
- 2 Can (16 oz.) small whole green beans
- 2 shallots or small onions
- 2 Clove garlic
- .25 Cup cut-up parsley
- 2 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Teaspoon oregano leaves
- 2 Teaspoon prepared mustard
- .5 Teaspoon salt
- .5 Cup Coca-Cola
- .25 Cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon vinegar
- Total Time: 10 min
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: N/A
- Drain beans and discard liquid. Peel and thinly slice shallots; separate into rings. In large bowl, combine minced garlic with remaining ingredients, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Add beans and shallots; toss lightly with a fork. Pack into a 1-quart glass jar. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight for flavors to blend. Makes 1 quart. Serve chilled or as a hot vegetable with steak, hamburger or meat loaf.
More on Journey
- Nathan's Famous Turns 100: From Coney Island Hot Dog Stand to International Empire
- What Do Coca-Cola, Cracker Barrel, Cake and Camouflage Have in Common? Supporting Service Members, Naturally.
- Hoops Heaven: 6 Hot Spots to Watch March Madness
- The Story of a Charleston, S.C. Restaurant and its Legendary Coca-Cola Cake
- A Monstrous Mashup: 13 Halloween Stories From the Coca-Cola Journey Archives