This recipe submitted by Ellen Neumann of Liberty, NY, is great with beef, pork and hamburgers.
- 2 medium white onion
- 1 Tablespoon Meat drippings (from a piece of meat you have fried or pan drippings from a roasted piece)
- Total Time: 8 min
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 3 min
Peel and slice 2 medium white onions.
Drop sliced onions in meat drippings cooked on high heat and stir slightly.
Add 1/8 cup of
Coca-Cola. Stir continually until the pan is deglazed and onions are opaque (about 2-3 minutes). Remove from pan and serve.
More on Journey
- Restaurants Go Green: 5 Limited-Edition Menu Items for St. Pat's Day
- Life of Pi/Pie: Celebrate Pi Day with Cherry Coke Pie (Recipe)
Find Your Match:
Coca-ColaFreestyle Food Pairings Make Your Meals Pop
- 13 Insider Tips to Ireland, Just in Time for St. Patrick’s Day
- 5 Can't-Miss State Fairs: Plus a Look at Coke's Refreshing History on the Midway