This recipe submitted by Ellen Neumann of Liberty, NY, is great with beef, pork and hamburgers.
- 2 medium white onion
- 1 Tablespoon Meat drippings (from a piece of meat you have fried or pan drippings from a roasted piece)
- Total Time: 8 min
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 3 min
Peel and slice 2 medium white onions.
Drop sliced onions in meat drippings cooked on high heat and stir slightly.
Add 1/8 cup of
Coca-Cola. Stir continually until the pan is deglazed and onions are opaque (about 2-3 minutes). Remove from pan and serve.
More on Journey
#ICYMI: 5 Top Stories from
- The Big Business of Beef Jerky: How a Snack Food Once Eaten by Pirates and Hunter-Gatherers Became the Darling of the Gourmet Food World
- 10 Must-Have Spring Picnic Essentials
- #JxJNashville: Meet the Characters of Music City
- Culinary Caravans: Food Truck Festivals Bring Fresh Eats to the Masses