Jenna C. Haldeman of Tigard, Oregon, sent us this creative, Coke-inspired twist on an Asian comfort food favorite.
- 1 Pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips (can also use 1 lb chicken wings, trimmed)
- 1 Cup soy sauce
- .5 Cup Coca-Cola®
- 2 Tablespoon orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- .5 Teaspoon Salt, pepper, and chili powder, or to taste
- .25 Cup vegetable oil
- Total Time: 55 min
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Combine all marinade ingredients and marinate chicken overnight. Place chicken on a well-oiled pan and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. Remove from oven, slide chicken around in the pan to sop up the caramelized sauce, baste with additional marinade and return to oven for another 15 minutes.
More on Journey
- #JXJAtlanta: How to Be a Tourist in Your Own City
- What Do Coca-Cola, Cracker Barrel, Cake and Camouflage Have in Common? Supporting Service Members, Naturally.
- Paying it Forward in Pizza, Pancakes and More: Charitable Dining Takes Off
- Hoops Heaven: 6 Hot Spots to Watch March Madness
- Hot Dogs, Cold Coca-Cola: Step Inside George’s, a 65-Year-Old Chicago Institution