- 1.5 Pound red or green cabbage
- 2 medium apples
- .5 Cup Coca-Cola®
- 2 Tablespoon vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoon bacon drippings
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- .5 Teaspoon (or 1 tsp.) caraway seeds
- Total Time: 40 min
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Coarsely shred or cut cabbage (should measure 3 cups). Core and dice unpeeled apples. In pan, toss together all ingredients. Cover, simmer until cabbage is tender, about 25 minutes; stir occasionally. Makes 4 (1/2 cup) servings.
To reduce foam for accurate measurement, use Coca-Cola at room temperature and stir rapidly.
More on Journey
- #JXJAtlanta: How to Be a Tourist in Your Own City
- Shake, Sparkle & Stir: A Mixologist Showdown Featuring Coca-Cola Products
- Movies, Friends and a Little Attitude: 8 Ways to Throw a Blockbuster Party on Hollywood’s Big Night
- What Do Coca-Cola, Cracker Barrel, Cake and Camouflage Have in Common? Supporting Service Members, Naturally.
- This Michigan Diner Has 12,000 Pieces of Coca-Cola Memorabilia