would Christmas be without without gingerbread? Together with Virginia Horstmann from the baking blog Sugar, Cinnamon and Love, the Coca-Cola Journey Germany team
spruced up brownies by adding gingerbread for holiday flavor.
- 3.5 Fluid Ounce honey
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1.25 Cup butter
- .66 Cup Coca-Cola
- 4 Cup flour
- 5.5 Tablespoon cocoa
- 1 Pinch gingerbread spice
- 1 Pinch baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 0.33 Cup chocolate sprinkles
- 3 Tablespoon powdered sugar
- Total Time: 58 min
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 13 min
- Heat honey, sugar and butter, while stirring, until sugar is dissolved. Add Coca-Cola and leave to cool. Mix flour, cocoa, gingerbread spice and baking powder. Stir with honey mixture and eggs. Pour mixture into baking tray lined with baking paper, and shake over chocolate sprinkles. Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Leave to cool, cut into pieces. Use sturdy cardboard to cut out a star shaped template. Hold the star over each Brownie piece and dust with powdered sugar.
TIP: In a hurry? Use a brownie baking mix and follow directions on the package. Replace water with Coca-Cola, and add gingerbread spice mix.
More on Journey
- Holiday Gifts that Give Back: Shop the Coca-Cola 5by20 Artisan Collection
- ‘Tis the Season to ‘Taste the Feeling’: Coca-Cola Celebrates Unsung Holiday Heroes
- A Monstrous Mashup: 13 Halloween Stories From the Coca-Cola Journey Archives
- #JxJNashville: Meet the Characters of Music City
- Answers to Your Holidays Stress: What Research Tells Us About Getting it All Done