Janet Brill, Ph.D., R.D. is a Philadelphia-based nutritionist. Dr. Janet says that you can add a non-nutritive sweetener like stevia, unsweetened cocoa powder, protein powder or chia seeds to this smoothie for an extra boost.
- 2 Cup fresh spinach (2 handfuls)
- 1 medium banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1 Cup fruit (fresh or frozen)
- 1 Cup mixed berries OR 1 cup of peaches, pineapple and/or mango
- 1 Cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 Cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or other low-calorie milk/liquid substitute)
- Total Time: 6 min
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 1 min
- Add all the ingredients in a blender and blend until the smoothie reaches the desired consistency. Add ice to make the smoothie thicker. Add water to make the smoothie thinner. Pour the smoothie into a cup and enjoy!
More on Journey
- This Michigan Diner Has 12,000 Pieces of Coca-Cola Memorabilia
- Coca-Cola Surprises Uber VIPs in Atlanta and New Orleans with Celebrity Chefs’ Ultimate Food Pairings
- Nathan's Famous Turns 100: From Coney Island Hot Dog Stand to International Empire
- Hot Dogs, Cold Coca-Cola: Step Inside George’s, a 65-Year-Old Chicago Institution
- What Do Coca-Cola, Cracker Barrel, Cake and Camouflage Have in Common? Supporting Service Members, Naturally.