- 4 Cup fresh basil leaves
- 6 Clove garlic
- 1 Cup freshly grated Parmesan
- .5 Cup pine nuts or walnuts
- 1 Cup high-quality olive oil (or a mixture of olive and vegetable oils)
- 1 Dash salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Total Time: N/A
- Prep Time: N/A
- Cook Time: N/A
- Combine the basil, garlic, Parmesan and nuts in a food processor or blender. Pulse to mix and then chop fine. Then, with the machine running, slowly add the olive oil through the feed tube. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let the pesto stand for five minutes before serving.
Note: Although pesto is best served within the hour it is made, it can also be frozen in ice cube trays, then packed in plastic bags for later use.