This moist and fruity quick bread is delicious as is, toasted or spread with cream cheese for sandwiches.
- 2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- .5 Cup sugar
- 2.5 Teaspoon baking powder
- .5 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 Tablespoon oil or melted shortening
- .5 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Cup Coca-Cola®
- 1 Cup coarsely cut cooked prunes*
- .5 Cup chopped walnuts
- Total Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. In large bowl, stir together flour, rolled oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. With fork, beat egg with oil and vanilla until well blended and stir into flour mixture. Add Coca-Cola, very well-drained prunes and nuts and blend thoroughly with spoon. Turn into generously greased and lightly floured 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. If desired, garnish with prune halves. Bake at 350°F about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on rack 20 minutes before removing bread from pan. Store in foil overnight before slicing.
*1/2 lb. dried prunes = 1 cup cut-up cooked prunes
More on Journey
- #ICYMI: 5 Top Stories from Coca-Cola Journey
- What Do Coca-Cola, Cracker Barrel, Cake and Camouflage Have in Common? Supporting Service Members, Naturally.
- #JxJNashville: Meet the Characters of Music City
- Hoops Heaven: 6 Hot Spots to Watch March Madness
- This Michigan Diner Has 12,000 Pieces of Coca-Cola Memorabilia