A Coca-Cola Australia employee shares her family's secret recipe for light, fluffy scones. Easy to make, they're perfect for entertaining friends and family at afternoon tea.
- 3 Cup self-rising flour
- 1 Cup cream
- 1 Cup Sprite
- 2 Tablespoon milk
- Total Time: 30 min
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius (425 degrees Fahrenheit). Combine all three ingredients in a large bowl and mix lightly to form a soft dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured workbench and press the dough with your hands to a 2 centimeter thickness. Use a 6 centimeter round cutter to cut out scones. Place on a baking tray and brush the tops with milk. Bake for 15 minutes until lightly browned. Serve warm with jam and whipped cream.
More on Journey
- The Pour That Refreshes: Why H&F Burger Chef Linton Hopkins Takes His Fountain Coke Very Seriously
- 16 Features From 2016 That Are Worth a Second Look
- A Monstrous Mashup: 13 Halloween Stories From the Coca-Cola Journey Archives
- Hot Dogs, Cold Coca-Cola: Step Inside George’s, a 65-Year-Old Chicago Institution
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria