On June 27, the Boys and Girls Club of America hosted its first-ever Fruit and Veggie Fest, with the goal of showing kids that healthy eating can be both tasty and fun. Throughout the day, children got to vote on their favorite food truck dish. Enjoy the winning recipe, compliments of Tres Taco Truck!
- 2 zucchinis, finely chopped
- .5 Cup black beans, drained
- 1 Cup corn
- 1 Cup mushrooms, chopped
- 2 Tablespoon molcajete salsa (see recipe below)
- 1 Tablespoon queso fresco, or any other grated cheese
- 6 wheat tortillas
- 6 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 limes, squeezed
- .5 bunch of cilantro
- Total Time: 25 min
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Salsa: Grill or cook on the stove top tomatoes and onion, then chop finely. Blend with lime juice and cilantro. Tacos: Wrap the rest of the ingredients in a tortilla, top with your fresh salsa and enjoy!
For more on Tres Taco Truck, visit them at www.roaminghunger.com/tres-truck. Or find them on Twitter: @TresTruck.
More on Journey
- JourneyxJourney: The Coca-Cola Company Embarks on Cross-Country Storytelling Road Trip
- Coca-Cola Surprises Uber VIPs in Atlanta and New Orleans with Celebrity Chefs’ Ultimate Food Pairings
- A Monstrous Mashup: 13 Halloween Stories From the Coca-Cola Journey Archives
- The Story of a Charleston, S.C. Restaurant and its Legendary Coca-Cola Cake
- From Acai to Brigadeiro: 8 Must-Try Brazilian Foods