I am in Cape Town to interview Albie Louw about his 1959 album with the Coca-Cola advert on the cover. Ironically, this issue of Coca-Cola Overseas with Cape Town on the cover was probably the current issue at the time Albie's "Wonderful One" album was released. The caption on this photo in the magazine read, "A magnificent view of Table Mountain and the city of Cape Town nestled between the heights and harbor entrance." By the way, we did a video interview with Albie's old friend, Jacob Clarence, yesterday. You will never believe how he came across our original blog post when we asked the world if they knew about his friend! Stay tuned!
More on Journey
- Celebrating the Champs: The Storied History of Coke's Commemorative Sports Cans (and Bottles)
- Meet Shirley Hasley: The Accidental Coke Model Who Helped Make History
- 5 Artists Who Will Transform How You See Coca-Cola
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals