2008 marks the 25th anniversary of caffeine free diet Coke. (Diet Coke came out in 1982.)
In April 1983, we introduced caffeine-free versions of diet Coke, Coca-Cola and TaB.
Since then, a number of celebrities have appeared in ads for caffeine free diet Coke, including Shari Belafonte, singer Whitney Houston, musical group Manhattan Transfer, comedian Martin Mull, singer Linda Ronstadt and even Superman.
And actress Demi Moore starred in a 1987 ad for caffeine free diet Coke called “Sophisticated Lady with Demi Moore” (which today sounds like a Saturday Night Live skit!).
More on Journey
- Meet Shirley Hasley: The Accidental Coke Model Who Helped Make History
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961