2008 marks the 25th anniversary of caffeine free diet Coke. (Diet Coke came out in 1982.)
In April 1983, we introduced caffeine-free versions of diet Coke,
Since then, a number of celebrities have appeared in ads for caffeine free diet Coke, including Shari Belafonte, singer Whitney Houston, musical group Manhattan Transfer, comedian Martin Mull, singer Linda Ronstadt and even Superman.
And actress Demi Moore starred in a 1987 ad for caffeine free diet Coke called “Sophisticated Lady with Demi Moore” (which today sounds like a Saturday Night Live skit!).
More on Journey
- Bud's Place: An Excerpt from Play it Again Sam: The Notable Life of Sam Massell, Atlanta's First Minority Mayor
- A Journey to Atlanta Mayor Began with a Coca-Cola Stand
- 4 Fun, Little-Known Facts About Fanta
- From ‘Hilltop’ to ‘America is Beautiful’: Coke’s Enduring Legacy of Inclusive Advertising
- He Helped Teach the World to Sing: Meet One of the Songwriters Behind the Iconic Coke Jingle-Turned-Pop Hit