Today is Canada Day, a day to celebrate the country. I’ve visited Canada a number of times, getting to see both coasts and a bit in between. While I don’t like to pick favorites, my last vacation there was in Vancouver, and I must say it was just beautiful.
Some of our most passionate Coke collectors are from Canada, and – ironically – they are celebrating Canada Day in Dallas, Texas! That’s the site of this week’s Coca-Cola Collectors Club convention, where I’m heading tomorrow.
In honor of today’s holiday, I wanted to share this “Made in Canada” trolley sign from around 1918. Happy Canada Day!
More on Journey
- Meet Mr K: Fred Kirkpatrick, 97, Celebrates 80 Years With Coca-Cola
- 'Blizzard' of Taste: How Fresca Lived Up to Its Tagline, Literally, for 1967 Debut in New York
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Step Inside the Walmart Museum in Bentonville, Arkansas
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals