Today is Canada Day, a day to celebrate the country. I’ve visited Canada a number of times, getting to see both coasts and a bit in between. While I don’t like to pick favorites, my last vacation there was in Vancouver, and I must say it was just beautiful.
Some of our most passionate Coke collectors are from Canada, and – ironically – they are celebrating Canada Day in Dallas, Texas! That’s the site of this week’s Coca-Cola Collectors Club convention, where I’m heading tomorrow.
In honor of today’s holiday, I wanted to share this “Made in Canada” trolley sign from around 1918. Happy Canada Day!
More on Journey
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- Why the Coca-Cola Archives is Digitizing More than 6,000 Analog Tapes
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times