We are celebrating 40 years of Earth Day here in the US, and Coke has been along for the green ride since the beginning. I told you all last year about the Ecology Kit called Man In His Environment that Coke put out in 1970 as a way to teach about environmental issues and the impact of everyday decisions on the environment. We had a few readers comment that they actually remember playing the game, so I thought this video from the Archives might ring a bell for those of you familiar with it, and be a good overview for those who had not heard of it.
More on Journey
- Muhtar Kent Reflects on His Coca-Cola Journey and Legacy as Company’s 15th Chief Executive
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- 'Blizzard' of Taste: How Fresca Lived Up to Its Tagline, Literally, for 1967 Debut in New York
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria