We are celebrating 40 years of Earth Day here in the US, and Coke has been along for the green ride since the beginning. I told you all last year about the Ecology Kit called Man In His Environment that Coke put out in 1970 as a way to teach about environmental issues and the impact of everyday decisions on the environment. We had a few readers comment that they actually remember playing the game, so I thought this video from the Archives might ring a bell for those of you familiar with it, and be a good overview for those who had not heard of it.
More on Journey
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- Honoring a Native Son: Coca-Cola Exhibit, Panel Pay Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and His Nobel Peace Prize
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- Meet Shirley Hasley: The Accidental Coke Model Who Helped Make History