For the fourth consecutive year, the Coca-Cola Happy Energy Tour dazzled Bulgarian music fans in 2013 with performances from the country’s hottest pop, R&B, rap and dance artists. More than 130,000 teens -- over 25 percent of Bulgaria’s teen population -- attended the six-city concert tour, which wrapped in September.
What began as a summer music concert in 2010 has expanded into a major Coca-Cola asset. The six-month program includes Coca-Cola sampling drives, shopper promotions and social media campaigns.
An energized social media fan base has played a key role in building the program’s profile and following. A Facebook fan page today boasts more than 139,000 “likes”, 85 percent of which are teens.
The program has grown in popularity thanks to its ability to connect with global Coca-Cola campaigns, including a partnership with pop star Taio Cruz in 2011, the London 2012 Olympic Games and the “Share a Coke” activation.
A highlight of this year’s tour was a special Happy Energy Tour song written collectively by more than 1,000 brand fans during a two-week digital campaign. The track became a monster summer hit.
“This engaging and cool approach sums up the spirit of the Coca-Cola Happy Energy Tour, the most attractive, highly anticipated and widely shared teen music asset in Bulgaria,” says Gergana Fakalieva, Marketing Activation Manager, Coca-Cola Bulgaria.
A media partnership with City TV & Radio drew broad coverage for the 2013 tour, including a live broadcast of the final four-hour concert. And more than 500 “golden tickets” were up for grabs in an innovative treasure hunt. Fans could win the VIP passes by scanning QR codes found on Coca-Cola bottles, online and on the hit TV music show “Hot Spot.”
“The tour’s immense growth year-on-year paints a promising picture for future editions,” says Vassil Tzvetanov, marketing manager, Coca-Cola Bulgaria.
More on Journey
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit
- Dairy Disruptors: Fast-Growing fairlife Milk Adds New Varieties, Refreshes Look
- Coca-Cola Bringing Google-Powered Digital Signage System to Retail, Restaurants, Cinemas and More
- Coca-Cola Surprises Uber VIPs in Atlanta and New Orleans with Celebrity Chefs’ Ultimate Food Pairings
- Coke’s Strategic Evolution Supports World Health Organization’s Daily Added Sugar Recommendations