Now for some of you, you may think I hit the button on this a bit early – that Father’s Day isn’t until next Sunday. But today is Father’s Day in Belgium, home of this 1954 Coca-Cola calendar.
I’ve only just learned that many of us recognize dad on different days. In Denmark, Father’s Day was June 5. Those of us in the U.S. (and our friends in Canada, Japan, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom) will celebrate dad next Sunday.
To all the dads out there – wherever you are – have a great day!
More on Journey
- Celebrating the Champs: The Storied History of Coke's Commemorative Sports Cans (and Bottles)
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership