Today is Presidents' Day in the United States, and I found this magazine ad from 1986. You’ll see we took the liberty of changing Mt. Rushmore to “Mt. Tastemore,” and even changed the name of the state featuring this monument from South Dakota to South “Dacola!” The puns keep coming with this one!
For our non-U.S. readers, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Theodore Roosevelt are enjoying diet Coke, while Abraham Lincoln has opted for a caffeine-free diet Coke.
More on Journey
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- Why the Coca-Cola Archives is Digitizing More than 6,000 Analog Tapes
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- Meet Shirley Hasley: The Accidental Coke Model Who Helped Make History
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem