Today is Presidents' Day in the United States, and I found this magazine ad from 1986. You’ll see we took the liberty of changing Mt. Rushmore to “Mt. Tastemore,” and even changed the name of the state featuring this monument from South Dakota to South “Dacola!” The puns keep coming with this one!
For our non-U.S. readers, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Theodore Roosevelt are enjoying diet Coke, while Abraham Lincoln has opted for a caffeine-free diet Coke.
More on Journey
- Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola: From Classic to New Coke and Back Again
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times