We have a long history of supporting physical activity programs that get people moving (such as Boys & Girls Club programs) or offer athletic inspiration (such as the Olympic Games and FIFA World Cup).
Community ProgramsWe support more than 280 active living programs in over 115 countries and we will support active living programs in all 207 countries we serve by 2015. These include:
Coca-Cola: The international health and fitness program began in Mexico 15 years ago and has grown to become the largest inter-middle-school football tournament in Mexico. More than 80,000 schools have taken part in the competition, which has benefited 1 million young Mexicans so far. In Africa, Copa Coca-Colahas impacted 125,000 teens in more than 10 countries.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of America Triple Play:
Coca-ColaCompany first partnered on the Triple Play program in 2004. Geared toward children ages 6 to 18, the program teaches young people new ways to eat nutritiously, increase physical fitness, and form positive relationships with peers and adults. The program has grown from about 170,000 participants in 2004 to nearly 1.2 million participants in 2011.
Other community programs that promote physical fitness include the Special Olympics, Troops for Fitness, and Sprite Sparks Parks.
Sporting EventsAll over the world, we sponsor important and inspirational athletic competitions, including:
- The Olympic Games: The
Coca-ColaCompany maintains the longest continuous relationship with the Olympic Movement. We sponsored the 1928 Olympic Games in Amsterdam and have supported every Olympic Games since.
- FIFA World Cup: We are one of the longest-standing corporate partners of FIFA. The company has advertised at the FIFA World Cup since 1950 and has been an official sponsor of FIFA World Cup since 1978.
More on Journey
- We Offer Low or No Calorie Beverage Options in Every Market
Coca-Cola, We Provide Transparent Information
- We Help Get People Moving by Supporting Physical Activity Programs in Every Country Where We Do Business
- We Market Responsibly, Including No Advertising to Children Under 12 Anywhere in the World
- Nutrition Labels