We started using the slogan "Have a Coke and a smile" in 1979. Since then, it's become a key thing people remember about Coca-Cola. (In fact, some of the people who write to me on the blog use a variation of the slogan as their "signatures" on their comments.)
The first week in August is National Smile Week. Though it seems a bit unfair that smiles only get one week instead of a whole month, I still wanted to recognize this very happy occasion.
This poster shows one of the best ways to create a smile -- by drinking a Coke. Enjoy!
More on Journey
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History
- Video: A Day in the Life of Coke's In-House Art Curator
- 5 Artists Who Will Transform How You See Coca-Cola
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen