We started using the slogan "Have a Coke and a smile" in 1979. Since then, it's become a key thing people remember about Coca-Cola. (In fact, some of the people who write to me on the blog use a variation of the slogan as their "signatures" on their comments.)
The first week in August is National Smile Week. Though it seems a bit unfair that smiles only get one week instead of a whole month, I still wanted to recognize this very happy occasion.
This poster shows one of the best ways to create a smile -- by drinking a Coke. Enjoy!
More on Journey
- Celebrating the Champs: The Storied History of Coke's Commemorative Sports Cans (and Bottles)
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- Video: Porsche Highlights Coca-Cola History in Jaw-Dropping Display