We started using the slogan "Have a Coke and a smile" in 1979. Since then, it's become a key thing people remember about Coca-Cola. (In fact, some of the people who write to me on the blog use a variation of the slogan as their "signatures" on their comments.)
The first week in August is National Smile Week. Though it seems a bit unfair that smiles only get one week instead of a whole month, I still wanted to recognize this very happy occasion.
This poster shows one of the best ways to create a smile -- by drinking a Coke. Enjoy!
More on Journey
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit