We started using the slogan "Have a Coke and a smile" in 1979. Since then, it's become a key thing people remember about Coca-Cola. (In fact, some of the people who write to me on the blog use a variation of the slogan as their "signatures" on their comments.)
The first week in August is National Smile Week. Though it seems a bit unfair that smiles only get one week instead of a whole month, I still wanted to recognize this very happy occasion.
This poster shows one of the best ways to create a smile -- by drinking a Coke. Enjoy!
More on Journey
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Muhtar Kent Reflects on His Coca-Cola Journey and Legacy as Company’s 15th Chief Executive
- Meet Mr K: Fred Kirkpatrick, 97, Celebrates 80 Years With Coca-Cola
- Dispensing Refreshment: These Innovations Have Helped Spread the Enjoyment of Coca-Cola Through the Years
- Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola: From Classic to New Coke and Back Again