Did you know that the fabulous singer Aretha Franklin began advertising for Coca-Cola on the radio in 1967?
A year later, she appeared in her first Coke magazine ad. The Queen of Soul later appeared in a 1985 television ad with Elvis Presley called “King/Queen.”
More on Journey
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Meet Shirley Hasley: The Accidental Coke Model Who Helped Make History