Did you know that the fabulous singer Aretha Franklin began advertising for Coca-Cola on the radio in 1967?
A year later, she appeared in her first Coke magazine ad. The Queen of Soul later appeared in a 1985 television ad with Elvis Presley called “King/Queen.”
More on Journey
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- Meet Mr K: Fred Kirkpatrick, 97, Celebrates 80 Years With Coca-Cola
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests