Did you know that the fabulous singer Aretha Franklin began advertising for Coca-Cola on the radio in 1967?
A year later, she appeared in her first Coke magazine ad. The Queen of Soul later appeared in a 1985 television ad with Elvis Presley called “King/Queen.”
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- Video: Porsche Highlights Coca-Cola History in Jaw-Dropping Display
- Celebrating the Champs: The Storied History of Coke's Commemorative Sports Cans (and Bottles)
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem