I knew exactly the piece he had. During the 1960 Olympic Summer Games in Rome, the Coke bottling company in Italy gave this record to athletes and Olympic officials. It’s a rare piece – one that I think is worth US$500+.
It turns out Martin got the record from his grandfather, an athlete during those Games. I’m so impressed that he had an Olympian in the family, and that his family kept this record passed down through the generations. I wanted to share this piece because it’s such a rare item.
And there is complete information on our Company’s long history with the Olympic Games here.
More on Journey
- 5 Artists Who Will Transform How You See Coca-Cola
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- Celebrating the Champs: The Storied History of Coke's Commemorative Sports Cans (and Bottles)
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership