I knew exactly the piece he had. During the 1960 Olympic Summer Games in Rome, the Coke bottling company in Italy gave this record to athletes and Olympic officials. It’s a rare piece – one that I think is worth US$500+.
It turns out Martin got the record from his grandfather, an athlete during those Games. I’m so impressed that he had an Olympian in the family, and that his family kept this record passed down through the generations. I wanted to share this piece because it’s such a rare item.
And there is complete information on our Company’s long history with the Olympic Games here.
More on Journey
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- Muhtar Kent Reflects on His Coca-Cola Journey and Legacy as Company’s 15th Chief Executive
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- How is a Famous Normal Rockwell Illustration Connected to a Coca-Cola Bottler in Virginia?