Saturday was International Chocolate Day. Until we get an International Coca-Cola Day, I think Chocolate Day might be the best day yet!
Aside from my personal love for it, chocolate has been paired with Coke for decades. In the days when soda fountains were common, you could have a squirt of lemon, vanilla, cherry or chocolate syrup added to your glass of Coca-Cola. Many people still swear by a chocolate Coke!
This 1965 "candy train" clown piece shows Coke paired with all kinds of candy. In honor of the day, I'll skip the jelly beans and gum drops and stick with chocolate!
More on Journey
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- Celebrating the Champs: The Storied History of Coke's Commemorative Sports Cans (and Bottles)
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen