Saturday was International Chocolate Day. Until we get an International Coca-Cola Day, I think Chocolate Day might be the best day yet!
Aside from my personal love for it, chocolate has been paired with Coke for decades. In the days when soda fountains were common, you could have a squirt of lemon, vanilla, cherry or chocolate syrup added to your glass of Coca-Cola. Many people still swear by a chocolate Coke!
This 1965 "candy train" clown piece shows Coke paired with all kinds of candy. In honor of the day, I'll skip the jelly beans and gum drops and stick with chocolate!
More on Journey
- Muhtar Kent Reflects on His Coca-Cola Journey and Legacy as Company’s 15th Chief Executive
- Meet Mr K: Fred Kirkpatrick, 97, Celebrates 80 Years With Coca-Cola
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival