Did you know that at the 1952 Olympic Winter Games in Olso, Norway, Coca-Cola bottlers gave residents their first look at a helicopter?
The helicopter was first used in a fund-raising effort for Norwegian athletes. Later on in the Games, it was used to help direct traffic. It’s shown here landing in front of 20,000 people outside the Oslo town hall.
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- Meet Mr K: Fred Kirkpatrick, 97, Celebrates 80 Years With Coca-Cola
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- How is a Famous Normal Rockwell Illustration Connected to a Coca-Cola Bottler in Virginia?