Did you know that at the 1952 Olympic Winter Games in Olso, Norway, Coca-Cola bottlers gave residents their first look at a helicopter?
The helicopter was first used in a fund-raising effort for Norwegian athletes. Later on in the Games, it was used to help direct traffic. It’s shown here landing in front of 20,000 people outside the Oslo town hall.
More on Journey
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- Muhtar Kent Reflects on His Coca-Cola Journey and Legacy as Company’s 15th Chief Executive