Did you know that at the 1952 Olympic Winter Games in Olso, Norway, Coca-Cola bottlers gave residents their first look at a helicopter?
The helicopter was first used in a fund-raising effort for Norwegian athletes. Later on in the Games, it was used to help direct traffic. It’s shown here landing in front of 20,000 people outside the Oslo town hall.
More on Journey
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- 5 Artists Who Will Transform How You See Coca-Cola
- Why the Coca-Cola Archives is Digitizing More than 6,000 Analog Tapes
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria