With American football in full swing and the professional hockey season beginning this weekend, I wanted to share this cheese dip recipe to serve when your friends come over to watch the games.
The dip has Roquefort, garlic, cheddar, Coke and Tabasco -- you really can’t go wrong!
Coca-Cola Twin Cheese Dip
About 3/4 lb. (12 oz.) sharp cheddar cheese
1 pkg. (4 oz.) Roquefort cheese
1 clove garlic
3/4 cup Coca-Cola
2 tablespoons soft margarine
1 tablespoon grated onion
1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon Tabasco
Grate cheddar cheese into large mixing bowl. Add crumbled Roquefort. Put garlic through a press; add to cheeses with 1/2 cup of the Coca-Cola and remaining ingredients. Beat with electric mixer on low speed until blended. Gradually add remaining Coca-Cola, then beat on high speed until mixture is fairly smooth, light and fluffy. Pack into covered container. Chill. Best if refrigerated overnight.
Makes about 3 cups. This dip keeps very well for a week or more. The twin cheese dip is good with raw vegetables, as a spread for cocktail breads or crackers, or even as a sandwich filling.
If you serve the dip at a party -- or just make it for yourself -- please let me know how you like it!
More on Journey
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- Why the Coca-Cola Archives is Digitizing More than 6,000 Analog Tapes
- Honoring a Native Son: Coca-Cola Exhibit, Panel Pay Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and His Nobel Peace Prize