Here in Atlanta, it’s getting warmer and Spring is here – and so is the pollen that comes with it. The pollen counts are so high in Atlanta that even those of us who grill out all the time are driven inside. So today I have a recipe that can be made in the house. It’s a great dessert or drink with chocolate, coffee, milk and Coke!
Brazilian Ice Chocolate
2 squares (1 oz. each) unsweetened chocolate
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup double-strength hot coffee
2 ½ cups milk
1 1/2 cups Coca-Cola
Whipped cream or ice cream
Melt chocolate in top of double boiler over hot water. Stir in sugar. Gradually stir in hot coffee, mixing thoroughly. Add milk and continue cooking until all particles of chocolate are dissolved and mixture is smooth, about 10 minutes. Pour into jar, cover and chill. When ready to serve, stir in chilled Coca-Cola. Serve over ice cubes in tall glasses. For a beverage, top with whipped cream. For a dessert, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Makes 5 cups. Will keep in the refrigerator several days.
Do you have a favorite recipe that uses Coke or one of our other drinks as an ingredient? If so, I’d love to hear about it.
More on Journey
- Meet Mr K: Fred Kirkpatrick, 97, Celebrates 80 Years With Coca-Cola
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola: From Classic to New Coke and Back Again