Last week, I mentioned that July is Ice Cream Month. Of all things, it’s also Baked Bean Month!
That makes some sense here in the U.S., as we often have baked beans with hot dogs and hamburgers at picnics, and the Fourth of July means a lot of picnics! I’ve even found a 1950 Coca-Cola and baked beans advertising piece!
Of course, picnics vary around the world. In some areas, you may have baked beans for breakfast, but wouldn’t eat them while dining outside. In other countries, I think the idea of baked beans at any time of day might be quite unusual!
What’s your favorite picnic food? Does Coke “go better” with it?
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen
- Video: Porsche Highlights Coca-Cola History in Jaw-Dropping Display
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy