Last week, I mentioned that July is Ice Cream Month. Of all things, it’s also Baked Bean Month!
That makes some sense here in the U.S., as we often have baked beans with hot dogs and hamburgers at picnics, and the Fourth of July means a lot of picnics! I’ve even found a 1950 Coca-Cola and baked beans advertising piece!
Of course, picnics vary around the world. In some areas, you may have baked beans for breakfast, but wouldn’t eat them while dining outside. In other countries, I think the idea of baked beans at any time of day might be quite unusual!
What’s your favorite picnic food? Does Coke “go better” with it?
More on Journey
- 2,000 Pieces and 28 Years Later: Life-Sized Coke Puzzle Nears Completion
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Dispensing Refreshment: These Innovations Have Helped Spread the Enjoyment of Coca-Cola Through the Years
- How is a Famous Normal Rockwell Illustration Connected to a Coca-Cola Bottler in Virginia?