Last week, I mentioned that July is Ice Cream Month. Of all things, it’s also Baked Bean Month!
That makes some sense here in the U.S., as we often have baked beans with hot dogs and hamburgers at picnics, and the Fourth of July means a lot of picnics! I’ve even found a 1950 Coca-Cola and baked beans advertising piece!
Of course, picnics vary around the world. In some areas, you may have baked beans for breakfast, but wouldn’t eat them while dining outside. In other countries, I think the idea of baked beans at any time of day might be quite unusual!
What’s your favorite picnic food? Does Coke “go better” with it?
More on Journey
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Muhtar Kent Reflects on His Coca-Cola Journey and Legacy as Company’s 15th Chief Executive