Did you know Coca-Cola Zero was launched last year in countries ranging from Argentina to Ireland and Thailand? That follows introductions in Australia, Germany and Great Britain in 2006.
Even before its official launch in the U.S. in 2005, Coke Zero became a collectible when we auctioned off a prize pack on eBay. While I don’t know the man who ended up with the prize, I do know several disappointed Collectors Club members who were among the top bidders! The prize pack (including limited-edition Coca-Cola Zero bottles -- again, before they were in stores -- and a steel cooler) brought in a cool $2,750 that was donated to the American Red Cross.
When I checked a few of the online auction sites a few days ago, there were dozens of Coke Zero items available including bar signs, commemorative bottles and cans, and even a poker set from Hong Kong.
More on Journey
- Video: A Day in the Life of Coke's In-House Art Curator
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times