I’ve told you about the great Bird’s Nest commercial Coke has for the Olympic Games, in which animated birds use drinking straws to create a nest that looks like the Bird’s Nest stadium in Beijing. That ad has been rated the most-liked ad by viewers of the NBC broadcast of the Games!
I hope you’ve seen another great ad we’ve been airing during the Games -- one that celebrates Coke’s longtime relationships with the Olympic Games and the Special Olympics.
Called “Ceremony,” the commercial shows athletes during medal ceremonies at the Olympics and Special Olympics.
As you see the athletes having medals put around their necks or even kissing their medals, the voice-over says: "If you've had a Coke in the last 80 years, you've had a hand in making every Olympic dream come true."
I really like this ad, because it shows the honor and grace of the medal ceremonies, but also the sheer joy the athletes have when getting their medals. I hope you’ve enjoyed it too.
More on Journey
- Meet Shirley Hasley: The Accidental Coke Model Who Helped Make History
- Why the Coca-Cola Archives is Digitizing More than 6,000 Analog Tapes
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen
- 5 Artists Who Will Transform How You See Coca-Cola
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals