Yes! At the 1936 Games in Berlin, a young Harvard undergraduate named J. Paul Austin competed for the U.S. Rowing Team.
Paul Austin later became president (1962), chief executive officer (1966) and chairman of the Board (1970) of The Coca-Cola Company.
More on Journey
- Why the Coca-Cola Archives is Digitizing More than 6,000 Analog Tapes
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History
- Meet Shirley Hasley: The Accidental Coke Model Who Helped Make History
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961