Yes! At the 1936 Games in Berlin, a young Harvard undergraduate named J. Paul Austin competed for the U.S. Rowing Team.
Paul Austin later became president (1962), chief executive officer (1966) and chairman of the Board (1970) of The Coca-Cola Company.
More on Journey
- How is a Famous Normal Rockwell Illustration Connected to a Coca-Cola Bottler in Virginia?
- 4 Fun, Little-Known Facts About Fanta
- Meet Mr K: Fred Kirkpatrick, 97, Celebrates 80 Years With Coca-Cola
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem