Until 1955, Coca-Cola was available only as a soda fountain drink and in 6 1/2-ounce glass contour bottles.
1955 saw the debut of the King Size (10- and 12-ounce) and Family Size (26-ounce) glass contour bottles in the U.S., marking an important step in giving people more options to meet their needs.
More on Journey
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- Why the Coca-Cola Archives is Digitizing More than 6,000 Analog Tapes
- 5 Artists Who Will Transform How You See Coca-Cola
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler