Did you know that the Coca-Cola contour bottle is often referred to as the “hobble-skirt” design?
That’s based on its resemblance to a dress from the early 1900s. The dress was so narrow below the knees that it restricted normal movement -- causing a woman wearing the skirt to hobble when walking.
More on Journey
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy