Did you know that the Coca-Cola contour bottle is often referred to as the “hobble-skirt” design?
That’s based on its resemblance to a dress from the early 1900s. The dress was so narrow below the knees that it restricted normal movement -- causing a woman wearing the skirt to hobble when walking.
More on Journey
- 5 Artists Who Will Transform How You See Coca-Cola
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- Video: Porsche Highlights Coca-Cola History in Jaw-Dropping Display