On May 8, 1886, a pharmacist named Dr. John Pemberton introduced Coca-Cola at Jacobs' Pharmacy in downtown Atlanta, where it sold for 5 cents a glass.
Today, more than 1.4 billion servings of our products are enjoyed every day -- nearly a million servings every minute. But in our first year, 1886, we sold an average of 9 drinks a day.
Today, Coca-Cola is available in more than 200 countries around the world. In 1886, Coca-Cola was available in one city in one country.
Today, our Company offers more than 400 brands. In 1886 (and in fact until the 1950s), we offered just one -- Coca-Cola.
Quite a change from our humble beginnings more than 120 years ago!
More on Journey
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- 5 Artists Who Will Transform How You See Coca-Cola
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival