Throughout the years, we’ve had some shall we say “different” celebrities appear in ads for diet Coke. If anything, this list illustrates how times have changed -- and how diet Coke has always tapped into what’s popular at the moment.
Here are just a few names – many real “blasts from the past”:
Cabbage Patch Kids
Tony Dow, Jerry Mathers and Ken Osmond (Wally, Beaver and Eddie Haskell, respectively, on “Leave It to Beaver”)
Elmo the Wonderdog
David Liesure (seen as “Joe Izuzu” in car ads)
Ray Parker, Jr.
Roger and Jessica Rabbit
“Wierd Al” Yankovic
Do you have a favorite diet Coke celebrity? If so, tell me about it!
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- Step Inside the Walmart Museum in Bentonville, Arkansas
- Meet Mr K: Fred Kirkpatrick, 97, Celebrates 80 Years With Coca-Cola
- Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola: From Classic to New Coke and Back Again