I read on Duke University's The Chronicle's Sports Blog that head football Coach David Cutcliffe is having regular "Coca-Cola with Coach Cut" sessions.
The meetings let students hear about football plays, have a Q&A, and have free wings, nachos and Coke with the coach. I love the idea of learning about plays from the expert. I went to Boston College, and we never got to ask the coach questions -- let alone have free food -- when I was there!
I looked in the Archives for a Duke piece and found this 1991 National Champions commemorative bottle. OK, so it was for Duke's basketball team, but it's still a nice tie-in with Coke and Duke! (And I saw it selling on the Internet for $15.)
Does your campus or company have any special events featuring Coke? If so, I'd love to hear from you!
More on Journey
- Meet Shirley Hasley: The Accidental Coke Model Who Helped Make History
- ‘Don’t Get Mad, Get Smarter:’ Ambassador Andrew Young Shares Insights With Coke Employees
- Celebrating the Champs: The Storied History of Coke's Commemorative Sports Cans (and Bottles)
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- Bottleneck Blues: How Slide Guitarists Use the Coke Bottle to Make Sweet Music