Over the weekend, someone wrote into the blog asking for a 1980s recipe for Fanta ice cream. I’ve found this recipe in our Archives.
Because I just found it this morning, I haven’t had a chance to make it myself, but it sounds good. (Really, once you put ice cream in something, it’s hard to go wrong!)
Fanta Orange Buttermilk Frosty
1 cup buttermilk or milk
½ cup Fanta Orange soda
2 tbsps. brown sugar
Vanilla ice cream
Combine buttermilk, Fanta Orange, brown sugar and 1 scoop vanilla ice cream in blender. Whir to blend. Pour into glass. Serve with a stirrer topped with half slice of orange and maraschino cherry, if desired. Makes 1 serving.
So if you try out this Fanta ice cream drink this week, let me know how it is!
More on Journey
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen
- 5 Artists Who Will Transform How You See Coca-Cola
- Celebrating the Champs: The Storied History of Coke's Commemorative Sports Cans (and Bottles)
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- Meet Shirley Hasley: The Accidental Coke Model Who Helped Make History