Over the weekend, someone wrote into the blog asking for a 1980s recipe for Fanta ice cream. I’ve found this recipe in our Archives.
Because I just found it this morning, I haven’t had a chance to make it myself, but it sounds good. (Really, once you put ice cream in something, it’s hard to go wrong!)
Fanta Orange Buttermilk Frosty
1 cup buttermilk or milk
½ cup Fanta Orange soda
2 tbsps. brown sugar
Vanilla ice cream
Combine buttermilk, Fanta Orange, brown sugar and 1 scoop vanilla ice cream in blender. Whir to blend. Pour into glass. Serve with a stirrer topped with half slice of orange and maraschino cherry, if desired. Makes 1 serving.
So if you try out this Fanta ice cream drink this week, let me know how it is!
More on Journey
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- How is a Famous Normal Rockwell Illustration Connected to a Coca-Cola Bottler in Virginia?
- Meet Mr K: Fred Kirkpatrick, 97, Celebrates 80 Years With Coca-Cola
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola: From Classic to New Coke and Back Again