Yes, today is World Penguin Day! It may not surprise you to see that we’ve paired Coke with a penguin (this is from 1962), as the idea of serving Coke ice-cold is one we’ve strongly promoted over the years. Here, we’ve used the penguin to illustrate another good pairing -- Coke and food. Though I cover recipes using Coke as an ingredient on my blog, in this case, the idea was that having a Coca-Cola with a meal makes any kind of food taste better.
You may also be familiar with a commercial of ours featuring a penguin -- actually a whole team of penguins visited by our Coca-Cola Polar Bear in a recent holiday ad. The bears and penguins meet on the ice and snow while the music of the Beach Boys plays in the background!
More on Journey
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- Muhtar Kent Reflects on His Coca-Cola Journey and Legacy as Company’s 15th Chief Executive
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- 4 Fun, Little-Known Facts About Fanta