Today is Presidents' Day in the United States, and I found this magazine ad from 1986. You’ll see we took the liberty of changing Mt. Rushmore to “Mt. Tastemore,” and even changed the name of the state featuring this monument from South Dakota to South “Dacola!” The puns keep coming with this one!
For our non-U.S. readers, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Theodore Roosevelt are enjoying diet Coke, while Abraham Lincoln has opted for a caffeine-free diet Coke.
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- Muhtar Kent Reflects on His Coca-Cola Journey and Legacy as Company’s 15th Chief Executive