Today is Presidents' Day in the United States, and I found this magazine ad from 1986. You’ll see we took the liberty of changing Mt. Rushmore to “Mt. Tastemore,” and even changed the name of the state featuring this monument from South Dakota to South “Dacola!” The puns keep coming with this one!
For our non-U.S. readers, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Theodore Roosevelt are enjoying diet Coke, while Abraham Lincoln has opted for a caffeine-free diet Coke.
More on Journey
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- 5 Artists Who Will Transform How You See Coca-Cola
- Why the Coca-Cola Archives is Digitizing More than 6,000 Analog Tapes
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- Honoring a Native Son: Coca-Cola Exhibit, Panel Pay Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and His Nobel Peace Prize