Today is Presidents' Day in the United States, and I found this magazine ad from 1986. You’ll see we took the liberty of changing Mt. Rushmore to “Mt. Tastemore,” and even changed the name of the state featuring this monument from South Dakota to South “Dacola!” The puns keep coming with this one!
For our non-U.S. readers, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Theodore Roosevelt are enjoying diet Coke, while Abraham Lincoln has opted for a caffeine-free diet Coke.
More on Journey
- Muhtar Kent Reflects on His Coca-Cola Journey and Legacy as Company’s 15th Chief Executive
- Dispensing Refreshment: These Innovations Have Helped Spread the Enjoyment of Coca-Cola Through the Years
- Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola: From Classic to New Coke and Back Again
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit