Today is Thanksgiving in the U.S., a day when we traditionally celebrate the harvest and give thanks for the past year. (We also eat a huge meal, watch football and can’t miss viewing the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade in New York City!)
Thanksgiving is also known as “Turkey Day” or “Pilgrim Day,” and I found this 1970s Pilgrim pin.
The “Coke Adds Life to …” slogan had its debut in 1976, and this pin helped Coke add life to the holidays. This Pilgrim is joined by a Halloween witch and a holiday snowman. There are stuffed animals (or witches, Pilgrims and snowmen, in this case) of each, with matching pins like this one.
Whether or not you’re having a “Pilgrim Party” today, enjoy a Coke and have a happy holiday!
More on Journey
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- Celebrating the Champs: The Storied History of Coke's Commemorative Sports Cans (and Bottles)
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Honoring a Native Son: Coca-Cola Exhibit, Panel Pay Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and His Nobel Peace Prize