If you’re like me (and many, many others), you’re getting ready to see the "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" movie this weekend.
Did you know that in 1990 diet Coke had a promotion with the third Indiana Jones movie when it came out on home video? (Yes, at the time it was only video – no DVDs!)
We had two ads – Part I and Part II – showing a harrowing journey to the kitchen, mixed in with scenes from “Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.” A woman goes to the fridge to get a drink and, with Jones’ help, fights to return to the living room with a diet Coke. Indy even saves the day – and the can of diet Coke – with his whip.
More on Journey
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- Meet Shirley Hasley: The Accidental Coke Model Who Helped Make History
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests